New Updates for: Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 (new project) - October 11, 2021

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog. We are now on October 11 - approaching the end of 2021; hoping for the things to get better as the World continues in this fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for the COVID-19 pandemic.

For this month, my university semester is in course - in which my attention will have to be re-directed to the new tasks, in addition to my service at the public health center. Fortunately I concluded the tasks to reach level 30 in the new Nightwave chapter, which makes things easier for me now that I don't have to go for the prizes.

Now for this Blog. I'm going to show you the new adjustments of the Italian Macchi C.202 Folgore. Let me show you what I did so far.








The Folgore received a new Armature after I appended from the P-51 Mustang project - with some slight alterations in the rotation for the landing gear and canopy hatch bones; aside from adding more bones for the links. Now it's looking good. I struggled to make the animations for the Landing Sequence and Lift Off - especially about the links passing through the wings. I tried different methods until one answered my expectations.

While I was working on the Folgore's landing gear animation, I noticed few things on the FW-190 landing gears animation, but this topic will be covered for another Blog and will be corrected in case I plan to texture it.

I still need to make the flaps and the cockpit components like the panel, the gunsight and the pilot seat before ending this project. Probably I'll make the plane's UV mapping in the meantime.

Meanwhile, I came with a new idea of reusing the same project for the Folgore's successor in the Regia Aeronautica: Macchi C.205 Veltro.

In case you missed my Blog where I talked about the Macchi C.202 Folgore, I'll leave the link to it here. (Google Photos and New Updates for: P-40N, FW-190A-8 and Macchi C.202 (new project) - May 31, 2021)

The Italian Macchi C.205 Veltro (Greyhound) is an evolution of the Macchi C.202 Folgore (Thunderbolt), but with some redesigns on its oil refrigerator (the barrel-shaped-like components under the plane's nose), tail landing gear is retractable and can house a pair of 20 mm Mauser cannons on its wings in place the 7.7 mm Breda-SAFAT MGs. Its engines were the licensed version of the German Daimler-Benz DB 605 - the FIAT RA.1050 R.C.58 Tifone of V-12 inverted liquid-cooled piston engine configuration and capable of providing 1,100 kW or 1,500 hp. The C.205 entered in service in 1943, proving to be a fierce adversary for the Allied planes like the Spitfire, P-40 Warhawk, P-47 Thunderbolt, P-38 Lightning and the early versions of the P-51 Mustang. These Italian planes saw action in the Mediterranean theater along the Defense of Rome until Italy's Armistice on September 8, 1943. After that event, some C.205 flew missions for the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana, the German Luftwaffe and the Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force (a group of Italian pilots that helped the Allies in their fight against the Germans and the Italian Social Republic - a puppet state created by Hitler after Mussolini's rescue and Northern Italy continued to fight for the Axis). After WW2, some Macchi C.205 Veltro were delivered to other countries like Croatia (4 units) and Egypt - where once again saw aerial combat in the 1948 Arab Israeli War (1948–49) - facing once again the Supermarine Spitfire - operated by British and Israeli pilots.

Let me show you the initial renders of the Macchi Veltro.








The Veltro is basically a Macchi C.202 Folgore - with two oil radiators (located under the plane's nose), two Mauser cannons on its wings and the spinner remade. I maintained the Armature since I'm working on the Folgore's animation sequences. Just the tail landing gear needs a rework to be looking like the original Italian air fighter.

Now that question: the Macchi C.205N Orione (Orion) version. I revisited the images and for what saw different was the extra cannons mounted on the plane's fuselage. Do I plan to make it as well? Probably yes, and maybe the concepts made by Mario Castoldi (Macchi's head designer and father of the C.200, C.202 and C.205, along the racing planes during the Schneider Cup) like the Macchi C.206 and C.207.

The next thing to do is the plane's cockpit components and texturing it. Probably I'll reuse the wings and fuselage from the Folgore's project in order to spare me from the hard work with UV Mapping like I did for the Spitfire Mk I and Mk IX.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My other Blogspot places:
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Work, P-40N, Kübelwagen, Jean and Miria - April 10, 2021

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023