Artstation and New Updates for: A6M 'Zero', Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 - October 30, 2021

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog. We are now on October 11 - approaching the end of 2021; hoping for the things to get better as the World continues in this fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for the COVID-19 pandemic.

For this month, my university semester is in course - in which my attention will have to be re-directed to the new tasks, in addition to my service at the public health center. Fortunately I concluded the tasks to reach level 30 in the new Nightwave chapter, which makes things easier for me now that I don't have to go for the prizes.

Now for this Blog. I have an announcement before going to the rendered images of my projects. I started a new ArtStation profile in case I magnify my reach with the 3D projects and other artworks. Since some artists use that platform to share and sell their works there, I decided to share something I made to anyone that might find it interesting. I know some artists have Patreon, but I'm new in case I'd start selling my work there and some of them might need some adjustments before going to the sale.

The link to my ArtStation is here:

Now to the images. I'm going to show you the new adjustments of the Japanese Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, the Italian Macchi C.202 Folgore and Macchi C.205 Veltro. Let me show you what I did so far.

Mitsubishi A6M2 Model 21:






The Zero received a new wing. I had to remake it after looking at its tips. In case you want to see the before and after the rework, I'll share the images down here. I disabled the decals for better visualization.

The wing tip - bottom view:
After

Before (the Pitot tube is missing)

The wing - slight top view:
After

Before (the Pitot tube is missing)

The wing base - slight top view:
After

Before (the Pitot tube is missing)

Looks interesting. It was a little painful to remake it, but it finally paid off. The landing gears also had to be remade along the wings and ailerons.

I made a small adjustments on the wing base to fit with the original model after these renders. I'll show them in the future. The next thing to do is rigging the plane, a nice texture and the internal components.

Macchi C.202 Folgore:








The Italian Folgore received a new texture after I found some images of the surviving plane in the National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution - Washington, D.C (USA). I tried my best to make the green spots on the right wing since there are no proper photos from that angle - only from the left side and some from bottom view. I included the emblem from the 4th Stormo (Wing in Italian - the equivalent for the Allied Squadron, the Japanese Sentai and the German Jadgeschwader) on the plane's fuselage. Now it's looking good with these colors. I may do another textures for the respective pilots like Luigi Gorrini, Adriano Visconti, Guido Fibbia and Franco Lucchini.

The next components left are the Regia Aeronautica flag on the rudder, other decals like the Squadron numbers and the cockpit components like the seat, instrument panel, the stick and the reflective gun sight.

Macchi C.205 Veltro:








Like the Folgore, I made the textures for the Veltro. Fortunately the two planes has the same appearance for the wings and fuselage, which helped me greatly in order to do its UV Mapping. Different from its predecessor, the Veltro has some rippled green spots - based in some photos I found on Google of a plane-to-build replica (like Scalemates, Italeri and other brands) of this Italian air fighter. It's using the emblem from the 1st Stormo. I personally like the Italian camouflage settings for their WW2 planes, despite I found this one quite tricky.

The next components left are the Regia Aeronautica flag on the rudder, other decals like the Squadron numbers and the cockpit components like the seat, instrument panel, the stick and the reflective gun sight - but I can append it from the Folgore. The only thing to rework is the tail landing gear. Unlike the C.202, the C.205 landing gear is retractable.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My other Blogspot places:
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Work, P-40N, Kübelwagen, Jean and Miria - April 10, 2021

New Updates for: Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 (new project) - October 11, 2021

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023