Back to where I started, changes on Photos and Claymore Flora (new project) - November 15, 2020

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog here.

The year is almost ending, and before December comes, let's write another Blog of 2020 while we're hoping the things get better as the world continues to fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for this pandemic.

My contract has officially ended with yesterday being the last day of work at the public health center. Now I must wait for they to call me to renew my contract. Meanwhile, I have to continue my studies and conclude the 1st semester until December - and continue my degree in the business course.

For this Blog, I'm going to bring some news that may affect this Blog and the others - aside from new renders from my new and current projects. Recently Google announced they are going to end the unlimited backup of photos and videos at July 1st, 2021 - making any photo and video uploaded that day and counted to 15 GB of available space for existing accounts that do not have additional space plans. The existent photos and videos that were uploaded prior to July 1st, 2021 won't be accounted and accumulate in the 15 GB of available space. And they are also giving the option of removing photos with distortions like blur or low quality.

What do you think of these changes?
To be honest with you, it was a surprise and a little upsetting. I've been using Photos in order to save some space for Drive - which in the past I used it for storing my YouTube videos, personal photos and other things. Some people will say that this is a complete excuse for the lack for something to do, even though there are billions of Google accounts to upload photos, videos and other things to their servers. And on Photos, I prefer the Higher Resolution (the one that will compress the image quality and never counts in the storage space on Google Account) over the Original Resolution. Although I can sign up for additional space, I'm not in a good mood to do so and pay at every month to keep it. (sigh)

Now the question: How this change will affect this Blog and the others?
I guess it won't affect too much if I go for 'Upload from the computer' by 'Insert image' or 'Insert video'. But, in case I upload new images on Google Photos after July 1st, 2020, the only way is to use that option over 'Upload from Photos'.

I would also use other sources like Dropbox, Pixel, Amazon, Flickr and others. Personally I would use Dropbox for concluded projects in .obj format. In case I ran out of space, I would create other accounts on that platform and on Google, but it would be painful to connect one account to another.

What about sharing your images from other places, like Instagram, Tumblr or DeviantArt?
I don't know if the uploaded images on Insta can be shared if I extract the link by the Inspect option, but I'm pretty it won't come with a decent image quality.

About Tumblr, I have no plans to create an account there, despite the admins purged the entire place from adult content uploaded there. And I have already made it clear that I won't upload more WIP on my DeviantArt. The only things that would go there are some chapters from some literary works and complete artworks (digital or 3D).

- x -

Enough of that, let's go to the important thing for this Blog. As I said in my previous Blog - Absent for a while, New computer, First short animation and Resuming my Claymore projects , with Blender 2.8 installed on the new computer, I can resume my Claymore characters in order to fix some things like the sword, hair and animation sequences; leaving the 2.90.1 to my other projects. I may use it for the Claymore characters once I conclude the corrections, but they will be saved in different foulders in order to spare the original files.

And for today, the character I started is Windcutter Flora - former Number 8 from Clare's time.





Incredible. Don't you agree?

I made some tests on Irene's original save with some hairstyles I made for a different project I was working aside from Claymore and WW2 aircraft. And no, I won't upload the images from that project here. Why? Don't ask.

One thing I noticed is: the texture for those hairstyles didn't loaded properly since they were made on Blender 2.90.1 and were appended to a 2.8 project file - making some nodes unrecognizable from the newer version to the older version of Blender. But then, the original idea was still valid and I decided to save it as a new file for hairstyles. Along Flora's hairstyle, I made one for Cynthia. I plan to share the images for a new Blog once I render the images. I may do something like that for the other characters like Ophelia, Clare, Rafaela, Galatea, Veronica, Alicia and Beth, Undine, Helen, Deneve, Yuma, my OCs Silvana, Anne, Olga and Amelia and the others.

With Flora in development, the next thing to do is her armor pieces and sword carrier. The textures for her sword and body are ready after I made it a long time prior to Blender 2.82 on the original I used to work with those characters.

Flora's equipment from Claymore New Wiki: https://claymorenew.fandom.com/wiki/Flora


Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Instagram:

Claymore is a trademark of Norihiro Yagi (original writer and mangaka), Shueisha (publisher), Monthly Shōnen Jump, Weekly Shōnen Jump, Jump Square (manga distributor) and Madhouse Studio (anime).

Shared images are available at Claymore New Wiki:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023

New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

New updates for: Horten Ho 229 and F6F Hellcat (new project) - March 22, 2024