New Updates for: B-17 and Messerschmitt Me 262 (new project) - July 8th, 2020

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog. We are now on July 8th - the other half of 2020 and hoping for the things to get better as the World continues in this fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for the COVID-19 pandemic.

Probably in this week I'll slow down my activities on Blender due to another season of studies for another civil service exam - just for not getting too much rusty with basic knowledge with mathematics, Portuguese (my native language though I only use it more often on TonyLiteraryWorks) and specific knowledge.

For today, I'll be showing new renders of the B-17G Flying Fortress.






I appended the P-38 Lightning turbochargers to the B-17 Flying Fortress engines. I noticed it counts with turbochargers to increase power since it's a heavy aircraft - developed for the bomber function. I need to add another one for the inner engines, but I must conclude the landing gears to do that.

Aside from a small adjustments on the wings, I made the bomb bay doors. Now the B-17 can release its payload with bombs (or water in case this aircraft is refitted for firefighter duties, like the PBY-5A Catalina). What is left now is the framing for the landing gear on the tail and engines; open window for the gunners, the other engine turbochargers, ailerons, flaps, adjust the wings for the open space on the inner engines and a rework on the cabin (which I still owe to myself).

While I was working on these aircraft, I decided to start a new project (as always, by force of habit) on Blender. This time is the Messerschmitt Me 262. I would start the Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5 / A-8 along the D-9 'Long-nosed Dora', but it seems I found interest to make the Me 262.

In case you don't know what it is, the Me 262 is the first operational jet-aircraft for the German Luftwaffe. Prior to its development, the first jet-aircraft to make its first flight was the Heinkel 178, then the Heinkel company started developing the Heinkel He 280 to be a jet fighter. However, Messerschmitt AG developed a simple and cheap jet in competition to the He 280. Due to the delays of the BMW 003 turbojet engines, the first flight was performed on 18 April 1941 with Junkers Jumo 210 piston-engine. On 18 July 1942, the third prototype flew for the first time with jet engines. The aircraft proved to be the fastest of all piston-engine aircraft, but its development as a fighter suffered serious delays by Adolf Hitler as he wanted the Me 262 to be a bomber. Despite the debates about his interference on the Me 262, when the Arado company brought the Ar 234 jet bomber to the World and thanks to a considerable requests by Adolf Galland, the fighter version was finally authorized to be produced at maximal priority only in 1944, but in small numbers thanks to the Allied bombardment raids over Germany. Despite their incredible speed, jet engines were new to novice pilots and were easy to overheat and not work well with sudden changes in speed. In aerial combat with Allied fighters like the P-51 Mustang, Hawker Tempest and Lavochkin La-7, the Me 262 were only vulnerable when they made turns - where they took more time thanks to its incredible speed; and when they were landing or taking off from their airbases. With the end of the war, the remaining Me 262 became the basis for the development of the Soviet MiG-9 and MiG-15, the American F-86 Sabre, the British Hawker Hunter (though the British developed their first jets like Gloster Meteor and De Havilland DH.100 Vampire) and others modern jets.

Let me show you the renders of the Me 262.






Amazing, huh? This is what I made so far. I would extend it a little further, but I already said I would resume my studies in this week or the second week of July. I managed to make the fuselage, the Junkers Jumo 004B jet engines and the aircraft's tail. I used the saved files of the Bf 109 to save a new project in order to use the armature from that aircraft.

One thing I have in mind to reuse the armature is the absence of a bone for the propellers since it is a jet fighter. To replace the propeller spinning animation is to increase the glow effect from 0 to 1 to represent the jet engine at full power.

The next components are the rudder, elevator, flaps and ailerons, landing gears and fuselage external and internal components like antenna, aerial attachment, navigation lights and others.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. I'll be back with more in this year. I plan to share more artworks and other things I did in my time. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see it. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Work, P-40N, Kübelwagen, Jean and Miria - April 10, 2021

New Updates for: Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 (new project) - October 11, 2021

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023