FAB, New models in Sketchfab and new updates for: Yak-1 and F4U - October 5th, 2024

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog in 2024. We are now on October 5th - past the half of 2024.

I know. I've been absent without writing anything new here. Job, studies, playing video-games, watching some YouTube videos, listening to some musics and doing my chores at some moments decreased my spare-time dedicated to Blogs.

I'm now working on the new role as health community agent and now, my colleagues and I are visiting the families as part of our job to improve the health quality in our community and town. Things are looking good and we're enjoying in our new role.

The 8th semester is finished. Another thing I won't be bothered with. After the second university, I'll give a break for good.

And, again, new Nightwave chapter has been released, with new cosmetics, new mods, new Warframe slot, new weapons slots, rewards from the previous chapters and more. Damn. This never ends and I'm waiting for 1999 to be released (only in winter I guess). Man, I feel exhausted, but let's go.

For this Blog, I'm going to talk about the new FAB announced by Sketchfab, Unreal, Quixel and ArtStation. In case you're not aware, FAB is the new Epic Games store that will offer you several 3D assets in their store. On October this year, they will merge the stores from the companies I mentioned, like Sketchfab, Unreal, Quixel and ArtStation.

"Fab" Content Marketplace Launches in October

In September, we announced that Fab will open for business in mid-October. Fab will be a one-stop destination where you can discover, buy, sell, and share assets. If you currently sell game engine files or 3D products on ArtStation Marketplace - or you wish to begin selling soon - you can now begin signing up for Fab and uploading products.

ArtStation will continue its mission as a platform to help artists thrive. The ArtStation site and its features will remain the same as they are today, while the ArtStation Marketplace will join Fab in 2025. At launch, Fab will support Unreal Engine and Unity game engine formats as well as numerous 3D file formats.

- Extracted from the E-mail sent by ArtStation.

Although I use ArtStation and Sketchfab for sharing my 3D content, I haven't sold any of these at the moment. And now that the Sketchfab store will merge with FAB in mid-October, I'll have to start using the new website for selling my content. Even it might not please some people that requested me the 3D models for download.

One thing I want to state clear: Not all things are free! Plus, I won't allow the 'download' option for my 3D models for lots of people to download it and use it without my license / crediting me for the model. Based on what I saw on DeviantArt and outside from that website, there are some people that usually upload some artworks from famous artists without the proper consent / authorization and claim it as their own. No wonder why some artists prefer to add their watermark in their works (even it might 'damage' it).

Alright. Enough of that. Let's go for the important. I'm going to share you the new rendered images of the Yakovlev Yak-1 and the Vought F4U-1A Corsair.

Yakovlev Yak-1:








The Soviet aircraft received a minor change on the material for the upper section and a rework on the undercarriage after I imported it from the A6M Zero. In addition, I added the seat for the pilot, the gunsight and the dashboard. At the moment, it looks good.

Other components requiring adjustments are the fairings and the landing gear from the plane's tail. After that, I'll make a nice texture for this Soviet aircraft and rigging it. With the Yak-1 ready, the next variant to make is the Yak-1b - equipped with a bubble canopy, retractable landing gear and antenna; and the Yak-9 (despite being developed from the Yak-7).

Vought F4U-1A Corsair:









The first update was the fuselage. I decided to make its UV Mapping and texture. At first, I painted based on the F4U-1A from War Thunder. It looks good, but I may use it as a second texture and use this light blue for future US naval aircraft (example the F2A Buffalo, F4F Wildcat and TBD Devastator).

The second update was the rework of the wings. Seeing those subdivisions in the middle section of the wings made me to redesign it based on the airfoil from a blueprint I found out on Google. The model was remade, but I found out another issue before I could finish it: the wingtip too thin. I made several models in order to make the curved wingtip with some thickness. The results were satisfactory.

Let me show you a comparison of the old model with the new one. For these renders, I disabled the visibility of the decals. Don't mind if the Pitot tube and the Browning MGs appearing in some while in others not.

Old model

New model

Old model

New model

Old model

New model

As you can see, the older model is showing lots of subdivisions while the newer one is showing less to almost none. The ailerons looks a bit thick compared to the flaps in the older version, while the newer models is aligned one to another in thickness proportions. The fairings and the navigation lights had to be remade as well.

In addition to these, I extruded a small piece from the mesh to make the radiators and the flaps. At least it looks good. The next thing to do is adjusting the Brownings and split the wings into two parts like I did in the old model in case I want to animate the wings folding. And, concluding the textures and rigging the plane.

Before concluding this Blog, here's one last thing:

Back to the Sketchfab, I decided to upload my Focke-Wulf Fw 190, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Sturmgewehr 44, Springfield M1903 Rifle and Gewehr 43 to my gallery, even though they're still in development (that includes my M1 Garand, Kar98K and Thompson M1A1). Still, I decided to share it for my followers.

I'll leave the links to the models here if you are interest to visualize it.

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-8:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/focke-wulf-fw-190-a-8-1fd746491c8e4c9fb1d1743a14314ea9

Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress (Texas Raiders):
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/b-17g-flying-fortress-texas-raiders-0a0cf784b8a84e969ec64567736ce48e

Sturmgewehr 44:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/sturmgewehr-44-e294e8fcf4e54eb38f83e4742218fa4c

Springfield M1903 Rifle:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/springfield-m1903-rifle-b981a43dae2e4fea9921c483586874ca

Gewehr 43:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/gewehr-43-dd65ea2520aa4c06a369b64ce6ad6994

Although I usually don't share too much my firearms here in this Blog, I'll open an exception. Plus, I have plans to bring new content related to my Unity projects in my other Blogspot: TonyGamingProjects. Due to the lack of new ideas of adding to my mini-games, I'll resume them once I have my 3D models ready and re-calibrated.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you like this Blog. Let us hope this year bring us new content and something different from the usual. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:
My Sketchfab:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Work, P-40N, Kübelwagen, Jean and Miria - April 10, 2021

New Updates for: Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 (new project) - October 11, 2021

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023