New job at the health center and concluding the P-51 Mustang - June 22, 2024

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog in 2024.

I know. I've been absent without writing anything new here. Job, studies, playing video-games, watching some YouTube videos, listening to some musics and doing my chores at some moments.

Yesterday, the head of HR at the health center informed me of the new role I will take on after I had seen the work doctor last week. She informed me that I will start in July 1st at 8am to 5pm - Monday to Friday. That means I will be working reception until June 25th. After that, I'll have the other days to rest until July 1st. At least it's good news.

The 8th semester is finished. Another thing I won't be bothered with. After the second university, I'll give a break for good.

New Nightwave intermission chapter is now on (Man, what a pain!). I guess I have no other choice.

Enough of that, let's go to the important thing in this Blog. I'm going to share you the new rendered images of the North American P-51 Mustang. Unlike the renders I'm used to share you in my Blogs, I'm going to share the links to the models that are now available in my Sketchfab.









The P-51 received a major wing redesign. I decided to try a different way of making wings based on the airfoil. Fortunately some schematics and blueprints has the lines for the wing airfoil and segments of the fuselage. In addition to the wings, the landing gear fairings received a redesign. The decals had to be hidden during the rendering of these images.

Here's a small comparison between the new model and the old model:

New

Old

New

Old

New

Old

As you can see, the old model of the wings look a bit flat and straight on the upper and lower sections while the new model is more curved. Despite I'm not graduated in aeronautical engineering, the wings need to be curved - allowing the air flowing on the wing surface to generate lift for the aircraft, no matter the specifications / designs proposed by NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics). Also, depending on the type of the airfoil, it can increase the air flowing on the upper wing surface for better aerodynamics in combat comparing the Laminar wing with the NACA 4412.

Minor changes included: the entrance for the radiator.

Even though it took me longer to redo the wings and its textures, the results were satisfactory with the new redesign. Let me show the next renders.








The old model was saved in a different Blender file while I worked on the new one. I decided to use several mask images while painting the sections with Blender painting tools. Since the fuselage retained some simple materials (making the yellow checkerboard on the P-51 nose and the black segment on the engine cowling), the ideal for customized planes is making on the texture itself.

For inspiration, I selected the Kimberly Kaye - one of the surviving airworthy P-51s. I painted the nose, the cowling, the wings and the rudder with a nice set of yellow and black colors. Some of the original components (the Pitot tube, the pylons and the landing lights) were relocated in Z-axis.

The Bump was also made for the P-51D Mustang - both the decals, the wings and the fuselage. At least, this American aircraft is looking good.











And now the last renders. I added the Metal and the Specular textures for the P-51. I concluded the textures, made some small adjustments on its fuselage and Armature. I used the Knife tool to cut a piece from the fuselage and delete the excess for giving a room for the wings. And to conclude, the stern light on the rudder.

While I was going to upload the model to Sketchfab, I noticed the model was displaced a bit further from the center. I had to relocate it. However, after uploading it, I found out the stern light was out of the rudder. I realized I forgot to add the Bone Influence from the rudder to it. I had to correct it, but the issue (the plane being out of place) remained. In response, I tried to re-export it again, in a different way.

What exactly I did? I opened one of my Blender files with a pre-made aircraft model to append the P-51D Mustang for re-exporting the model into an FBX file and re-importing it to Sketchfab. This time it worked. Then I saved it as a different Blender project file in case I would update the model and re-export it again.

The model is available at my Sketchfab. I'll leave the link for you to visit it:

Now this American aircraft is ready for upcoming 3D animations. I have plans of making the P-51D Mustang with the Invasion Stripes for the next anniversary of D-Day (June 6th, 1944) and the Red Tail (inspired in the Tuskegee Airmen - the Afro-American pilots that fought in WW2, facing not only the Germans but also the restrictions and the rejections from the ethnic segregation coming from the American society).

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you like this Blog. Let us hope this year bring us new content and something different from the usual. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:
My Sketchfab:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023

New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

New updates for: Horten Ho 229 and F6F Hellcat (new project) - March 22, 2024