Small statement, Small texture update for my aircraft and Focke-Wulf FW 190 (new project) - October 26, 2020

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog after a long time of absence.

Before we start, a small statement: We are now on the 26th of October - approaching the end of 2020; hoping that things will get better as the world continues to fight for survival and to develop a (possible) cure for this pandemic. In the second week of November (just on the 14th), my employment contract at the public health clinic where I live will end. As I said, I was called to work on a temporary basis to fill the position of two attendants who ran for councilor in these municipal elections. And as the elections start on the 15th of November, the contract would officially end on that day, but I will work until the 14th. I hope that something will come up to renew my contract to the point that I work permanently. Meanwhile, I'll continue my studies at the business university by online classrooms.

For this Blog, I'm going to bring new images from my original aircraft projects. After we (my brother and I) installed Blender 2.90.1 on the new computer, I decided to adjust on the main textures for the metallic objects and some components by replacing the old Diffuse shaders with Principled. The results were nice. Although it will take a while to do to the other projects, I may replace some of the used models with some thing really different. For example: I was working on a different project for the P-38 Lightning - the idea was to apply all modifiers and join all the components to make a single object. The reason for that is for the mini-project I was working on Unity of making a War Thunder / IL-2 Sturmovik-inspired game and because the Object Collider works with single objects and the first exported model counted with more than ten objects, I thought to use this idea in order to make the aircraft to be in place and stop falling from the scene like a rock. I'll talk about this with more details on TonyGamingProjects. Probably I plan to apply this for Blender animations as well.

With nothing else, I'll show you what I did.

Lockheed P-38F/G Lightning:




Messerschmitt BF 109 E-4:




Messerschmitt BF 109 F-3:




Messerschmitt ME 262 A-1a:




North American P-51D Mustang:




Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX:




Pierre Clostermann's Spitfire Mk IX:

I decided to make a small test for different letter combinations after I found interested in Pierre Clostermann - the famous French Ace that joined the RAF and flew during D-Day and after in his Spitfire Mk IX and Hawker Tempest Mk V. Curious fact about Pierre is: he was born in Curitiba, Paraná. Yep, he's also a Brazilian and one of the few that wrote history during WW2. His family were diplomats and were working on Brazil until Pierre was born.

Aside from Pierre, I plan to make Douglas Bader's Spitfire. Bader was one of the British pilots that flew during WW2 and was one of the few pilots to fly with artificial legs due to an aircraft accident he suffered while making acrobatic maneuvers in his biplane and had his legs amputated.

Supermarine Spitfire Mk I:




Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress:




Amazing these renders. Don't you agree?

I know the Spitfire and the B-17 require some corrections (though the British fighter is almost ready and the P-51 is also near of conclusion), but these changes are interesting compared to the previous textures used with Diffuse and Glossy attached to a Mix Shader. Yet, there are some things that I may have to use the Diffuse over the Principled since it is new to me.

Also, with the 2.90.1 version, I can now activate the denoising option to eliminate the 'fireflies' problems after the initial renders from metallic objects and glass surfaces. It really helps when you don't have to do the whole denoising procedure in the Render properties (similar to Shader Editor).

And now to a new project I started recently. (Another one?) At few days, I started the German Focke-Wulf FW 190A-8 (aka Anton) by force of habit. In case you don't what it is, the Focke-Wulf FW 190 Würger (Butcherbird or Shrike in German) was a single-seat air fighter with a radial engine that became the backbone of the Luftwaffe. It complemented (or replaced by some sources) the Bf 109 due to its firepower, speed and maneuverability that caused a big shock among the Allied pilots. Most of the aircraft (with the exception of most of the American Naval aircraft and Japanese fighters) counted with in-line engine, but Kurt Tank (father of the FW 190) choose the radial engines from the BMW to defy the regulations of the in-line engines like the DB 605 and DB 607, plus, the radial engines had more HP (horse power) over in-line engines and could work better even with some of the pistons being damaged. The downside was the greater drag and low visibility that forced Tank to redesign his aircraft. When the Focke-Wulf FW 190 entered battle, it caused a terrible shock in British pilots by its speed and firepower. However, the Spitfire had the advantage of flying at higher altitudes (11,100 m / 36,500 ft), making the FW 190 unable to reach the same altitude as its adversaries (10,350 m / 33,960 ft). After the Anton series, Focke-Wulf developed the D series - known as Dora and with the D9 (nicknamed as 'Long-Nose Dora') as the main aircraft of the series - powered by a Junkers Jumo 213 inverted-piston V-12 in-line engine; and the famous high-altitude interceptor TA 152 (TA from Tank initial letters).

Let me show you the initial renders of the German Focke-Wulf FW 190A-8.






Pretty cool, right? The first components were the wings, elevator, fuselage, engine and spinner. Therefore, the wings require adjustments after they went like the BF 109 when I first started; and I used more subdivisions on the fuselage to make the rudder, making the nose tip a bit weird.

After that, I made some small changes.





I added the cannons and the machine guns for the aircraft, along the top-plate from where the MGs are encased. Also, I made the rudder, the fans for the radial engine and a small change on the texture. It looks good, but I must adjust the wings and fuselage in order to correct small issues from this part.

I know I have to conclude the P-51, Spitfire, B-17 and Me 262, yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do what I always like to do: Start new projects over the current ones. (lol)

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
https://antonybarnoniliteraryworks.blogspot.com/
My Instagram:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

New videos and new updates for: Macchi C.202, Panzer IV, Panzer I and Bf 110C-7 - July 22, 2023

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023