New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog here to start 2024.

I know I've been absent for a while without a new Blog. I'm still working as a receptionist at the public health center where I live and my 7th semester has started. That means, my time for Blogs decreased to some occasions.

As you know, I passed in the civil service exams for community health agent as first place and eighth for receptionist. But I'm going to take the community health agent vacancy because it's a good role with good pay conditions. Now I have to wait for the town hall's calling for the vacancies.

For the calling process to work as a teacher, I definitely gave up due to the lack/low number of vacancies for mathematics teachers.

As always, my brother and I reached the max level of the new Nightwave intermission chapter. Fortunately we don't have to worry for the next weeks being skipped. Don't get me wrong, but in the long term Nightwave gets annoying without a nice story while DE only brings cosmetics, some nice mods, Forma, Arcanes and other things (some are like "Mehhhh!" and others are like "Yeeeyyyyy!")

Enough of Warframe, let's go to the important thing in this Blog.


I'm going to show you the new videos and the new renders of the Avro Lancaster B Mk III, the Hawker Hurricane Mk I, Republic P-47D Thunderbolt and a new project I started recently.

(Damn. You never get tired of starting new projects in the middle of a big list of ongoing projects.) Yeah. You could say that.

But first, the Avro Lancaster Mk III.


And now I'll show you the renders of the British bomber.






Sorry if it's so dark to see.



Although I rendered these images before I could resume the next video for the timelapse, the Lancaster is looking good. I remade the rear turret and made some adjustments on the forward and top turret. I made some modifications on the wings, the Browning MGs, the rear turret, the fuselage and the engine housing. This time I used the Bevel option in the Edit Mode by pressing Ctrl B for additional edges and faces - just to avoid relying on excessive subdivisions to mess up the model.

New components were: the flaps, the links for the aileron trim, a new window and bumps under the wings.

So far this Lancaster is near complete. There are some components that I must make before moving to the texture and rigging it. I'll make its interior. Don't worry.

Hawker Hurricane Mk I:








The Hurricane received a major adjustment on its Bump / Displacement texture. I had to search for more images and blueprints to assist me on making the lines from one sheet to another. So far, it's looking awesome.

Minor changes were the smoke from the engine outlets covering the fuselage being adjusted on Gimp and the wearing marks on the plane's wings and fuselage. Just to give a nice feature to the Hurricane after returning from action.

I uploaded the renders from the Hawker Hurricane to my ArtStation. I hope you like it.

Without adding anything new to this British workhorse, I shall conclude the Hawker Hurricane Mk I. I have plans of making the Mk II and Mk V variants (both the British RAF and the Soviet VVS), including the naval variant: the Sea Hurricane.

Republic P-47D-25-RE Thunderbolt:












Like the P-38 Lightning, the Bf 109, the Spitfire and the Hurricane, I added the Bump / Displacement material to the P-47 Thunderbolt. I made the last adjustments on its texture by adding some smoke coming out from the gun ports and engine outlets. I had thoughts of including oil spilling from the fuel port, but that would be for another time.

In addition, my brother assisted me with a nice weathering effect on the metal spacing lines. I plan to include it in my other projects as well. There's the bomb icons from some Brazilian P-47s to represent their bombing / strafing missions carried out and some serial numbers on the tail fin. I may do that, in the future. And for fun, the bombs is using the material with the words "A cobra fumou!" (The snake smoked!). I did that material while I was working on the P-38 Lightning.

I may conclude the P-47 if there's nothing else to add, but I'll have to conclude the flaps and the landing gear animation sequences. Still, I hope you like it. I'll make the American version of this Thunderbolt.

Before concluding this Blog, the recent project I started. Again, my habit of starting new projects while I have 'thousands' of undergoing projects to conclude is quite interesting. For the new project, I decided to start the British Crusader tank. The Cruiser Mk VI, also known by its General Staff number A15 or simply by Crusader, was a British cruiser tank developed during the early stages of WW2. The tank was designed by Nuffield Mechanizations and Aero in 1938 along with the A13 (Cruiser tank Mk V or simply as Covenanter) for the British Army. Both designs were based on Christie suspension - similar to the Soviet BT tanks and the T-34, with the Covenanter presenting four road wheels while the Crusader presenting five for better weight distribution; and share some similarities for the turret and chassis. However the Crusader had a different gun mantlet design compared to the Covenanter. The main armament was the 40 mm Ordnance QF 2-pounder gun with 110 rounds while the later versions (mainly the Mk III) received the more powerful 57 mm Ordnance QF 6-pounder gun with 65 rounds. Defensive armament consisted in two Besa machine guns - license-built version of the Czech ZB-53. During WW2, the Crusader was the main cruiser tank during the North African campaign. When the Italians attempted to take control over Egypt from the British, their tanks were outmatched by the British tanks, highlighting the cruiser tanks like the Crusader, infantry tanks like the Valentine, the Matilda II and the Stuart light tanks. In response, the German Afrika Korps under Rommel's leadership were tasked to assist the Italians with their Panzer III and Panzer IV medium tanks, and some light tanks to confront the British. Despite the limitations, such as the lack of high-explosive shells, short range and mechanical issues, the Crusader was the suitable tank to confront German and Italian tanks with their QF 2-pounder gun compared to the faster Stuart tanks supplied by the United States as recon tanks in the British Army. After the North African campaign, with the arrival of the Cromwell and Centaur tanks, both the Crusader and the Covenanter were relegated to secondary roles, although its variants remained in service as bulldozer, anti-air vehicles, bridgelayers, gun tractors and ARV (armored recovery vehicles). Around 5,300 Crusaders were built until 1943.

Here's the first images of the Crusader Mk III:








I decided to recycle the T-34 to make the Crusader. With the exception of the turret that has been made from scratch, the chassis, the road wheels, the cannon and other components are the same from the Soviet medium tank. The forward wheels were imported from the M4A1 Sherman and the teeth from the rear wheel were imported from the Panzer IV.

The tracks had to be adjusted as the original Crusader's tracks were short compared to the T-34, although a rework is necessary. The turret is using the Mirror modifier, I hadn't included the Subdivision nor Bevel to it. The gun mantlet is looking good.

The lights and the antenna requires rearrangement. Same goes for the chassis and the wheels. For the next components, I shall make the sights, the hatches, the rest of the chassis, a rework on the plates that protects the tracks and wheels, the engine exhaustion outlets, the machine guns and extra components. After that, I'll make its texture and rigging.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you like this Blog. Welcome to 2024. Let us hope this year bring us new content and something different from the usual. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New updates for: Bf 110C-7, G.55 Centauro and Gloster Meteor (new project) - July 30, 2023

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023