2023 Retrospective and Happy Holidays

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog.


The year is close to the end. Before we move on to the next year, let's write another Blog of 2023. This year has been quite productive. Not only by new 3D projects I started on Blender, but also my return to work as a receptionist at the public health center from where I live. Although I met some challenges and big changes from the last time I worked (April 5th, 2021 - December 31, 2022) - with some that almost drove me to give it up, but I had to persist and survive.

Still, the biggest great news is: I performed the civil service exams for the receptionist, community health agent and archivist / clerk vacancies, with the results being announced in these weeks. For the Clerk, I didn't get the necessary score to be approved, while the receptionist I got the 8th position and for the community health agent the 1st place. Probably for January of 2024 the town hall will call the approved candidates from the exam performed in December 3 (from community health agent to sanitary agent, X-ray technician, computer technician, clerk, warehouse manager and educational monitor).

The other lists will be announced for the next weeks. Yet, I shall take the community health agent vacancy because the payment conditions are quite good compared to the receptionist.

For the calling process to work as a teacher, I definitely gave up due to the lack/low number of vacancies for mathematics teachers. My mom said for December they might re-open the subscriptions. However, I'm not sure I plan to do that in case I'm going to wait for too long until they reach to my position and then I announce my interest for that vacancy.

As always, Warframe brought a new Nightwave chapter, which will be a pain in my butt. My brother and I are performing the recent and the previous challenges in these days. It won't be long until we reach level 30 and give it another break. Don't get me wrong, but in the long term Nightwave gets annoying without a nice story while DE only brings cosmetics, some nice mods, Forma, Arcanes and other things (some are like "Mehhhh!" and others are like "Yeeeyyyyy!")

Enough of Warframe, let's go to the important thing in this Blog. I will share you some images of the projects I've been working in this year before we can move on to 2024.



The Soviet Lavochkin La-5 and La-5FN. I started these two planes in parallel in 2022, with different models for its fuselage and texture. The La-5 would use the 1942 painting schematics while the La-5FN would use the 1943-45. I have plans of making the La-7, with the original air intake located underneath the fuselage.

The Hawker Hurricane Mk I. Started in 2022, now it's looking good with a nice Bump / Displacement texture for the grooves, the projections in the fabric structure and other things. The Hurricane was the main project I decided to correct the rigging for the Ailerons.


Gloster Meteor F.4 - famous British jet plane built during WW2. So far it looks nice. There are some things I need to adjust, especially the wings in order to make the place from where the undercarriage is located during take off.


Hawker Tempest Mk V. Made in this year and almost ready after receiving its Armature. I decided to make its texture based on Pierre Clostermann's Tempest. Probably for 2024 I shall complete it.


Avro Lancaster Mk III. Started in 2022 as part of a second Blender timelapse video series. I made new components for this British bomber. Despite I announced I'd continue the series, my attention was split into studies, university, games, job, literary works and my personal things. I may resume it in January of 2024. Honestly there are few things to adjust before concluding it.



Supermarine Spitfire Mk I and Mk IX. Both planes were started in 2020, with the Mk IX being the first of the series, then the Mk I. Although they were ready and received its texture and Armature, I had to adjust some things before completing these two British warbirds in 2023. One of the features I made for the Spitfire is the Bump / Displacement texture. Similar to the Hurricane, I added the lines from the grooves and projections parts for the Spitfire. Same thing I did for the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and the P-38 Lightning.


The Lockheed P-38G Lightning. My first WW2 plane made in 2020. I finally concluded it by remaking its texture and adding a nice Bump / Displacement texture.


The Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4. My second WW2 plane made in 2020 and the first plane I started as part of the Blender timelapse video series. I also concluded it by remaking its texture, rigging and adding a nice Bump / Displacement texture. I may change some things in its Bump texture, but that would be for another time.


The Bf 110 C-7 'Zestörer' plane. Started in 2022. It's looking good with a nice texture I made based in 1940-41.


The Republic P-47D-25-RE Thunderbolt. Another plane I started in 2021. So far it is looking great with the original colors of the Brazilian 1st Fighter Group that fought in Italy in 1943 to 1945. I'll also make the P-47 with American and British roundels.


Vought F4U-1A Corsair. Started in this year as my brother's small favor after looking for American planes in War Thunder. I also have plans of making the F4U-4 model, inspired in Red Bull's Corsair.


The Boeing B-29 Superfortress. While I still have the B-17, the Lancaster and the He 111 to conclude, I decided to include the B-29 as my next challenge for another WW2 bomber. I'll make the Soviet version of this super bomber: the Tupolev Tu-4.


The Fiat G.55 Centauro. One of my favorite Italian planes of WW2. My brother helped me with the temporary material for its upper section. I may preserve it as separate texture.


The Macchi C.202 Folgore. Started in 2021. Although I didn't make any big changes, I added the cockpit's components like the pilot seat, the dashboard, the yoke and the gunsight. I did the same for the C.205 Veltro.



Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress. Started in 2020 as my first WW2 bomber, the B-17 has both the original texture and the Texas Raiders. After the planes' crash in November 12, 2022 during the Commemorative Air Force event over Dallas (Texas), I decided to make my tribute to that B-17. I plan to make the Bell P-63 Kingcobra.


The Nakajima Ki-43-I Hayabusa (Peregrine falcon) or 'Oscar' by the Allies. It is my second Japanese plane after the A6M 'Zero'. I have both the Ki-43-I and the Ki-43-III models in development. Without something else to add, I'm making its rigging procedure.


The Kawasaki Ki-61-I Hien (Flying swallow) or 'Tony' by the Allies. I while I was working on the Ki-43 Hayabusa, I decided to include the Ki-61. Different from most planes that I made, I started making it with a pre-made model of a single-engine plane that I made - with minor adjustments to fit it with the drawings.


The Romanian IAR 80. Similar to the Ki-61, I made it with a pre-made model of a single-engine plane that I made - with minor adjustments to fit it with the drawings. So far it's looking good.


The Yakovlev Yak-1. Made with a pre-made model of a single-engine plane that I made. I'll include the other variants and models like the Yak-1B (equipped with an antenna, a tear-drop bubble canopy for better visibility, a retractable tail landing gear and light armaments), Yak-7, Yak-9 and Yak-3.


The Horten Ho 229 (often known as the Gotha Go 229) - the famous flying wing equipped with jet engines. I had plans of making this plane as my brother asked me for a Horten Ho 229 countless times. So far, looks good.



The Junkers Ju 88 Schnellbomber. I have both the A-4 (bomber) and the C-6 (heavy fighter) models in development. The idea is to make different roles for the respective plane, something similar for the Messerschmitt Me 262 with the A-1a 'Schwalbe' (fighter) and A-1a/U-4 'Panzerzestörer' (tank buster) models, the De Havilland Mosquito and the P-38 Lightning.


The Tiger I Ausf E. Started in 2021 as my second German tank from WW2.



The Panzer I - both the Ausf A and the funny montage I made with the Panzer IV turret housing a 75 mm KwK 40 (L/48) cannon. The Panzer I has been the first tank that I rigged after completion from 2020 to 2023.



The Panzer III - both Ausf J1 and N. The Panzer III had the original turret from the Panzer IV while a considerable number of components were made on its original project file.





The Panzer IV - both Ausf F2(G), F1, F2 and H. Started in 2022. It was the third German tank I started in Blender and the first tank model to receive the different variants like the F1, F2 and the H models.


The Volkswagen Kübelwagen, started in 2021. I'm almost concluding this German vehicle. The only thing left is the hood.


The American M3A1 Half-track, started in 2020. This one will take a while to be complete. There are some things requiring rework, like the guns, the main structure and the wheels.


The T-34-76. It is the first Soviet tank I started to make on Blender.


The SU-100. I started it as a midterm project while working on the T-34. Then I decided to save it as a different project.


The M4A1 Sherman. It's the first American tank I made on Blender while I have several German tanks from WW2.


The M36 Jackson. Like the SU-100, I started it as a midterm project while working on the M4A1 Sherman. Then I decided to save it as a different project. After the M36, I shall reuse the model for the M10 Tank Destroyer.


And the M3 Lee. Made with several components from the M4A1 Sherman, with a different turret and chassis. So far, looking good.

I know. I started lots of projects in this year, with few of them complete before the end of this year. Still, there are some that is showing some evolution in 3D development. For this Blog I will not share you the images of the 3D characters I've been working for a while, nor my firearms.

Well, that's it for this year, my friends. Good Holidays and Happy New Year. I hope the things start to get better for the next year or be less terrible than the last years. Although the COVID pandemic may have ended, there are some places the quarantine measures must remain to keep everyone safe. I hope everyone is alright and stay safe. I'll be back with a new Blog in January 2023. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023

New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

New updates for: Horten Ho 229 and F6F Hellcat (new project) - March 22, 2024