Extension of contract at the health center and Hawker Hurricane Mk I (new project) - August 7th, 2022

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another blog in 2022. We are now on August 7th - past the half of 2022; hoping for the things to get better. Now that I'm working and studying, my time for Blogs decreased to some occasions and some weekends.

Last week of July, I received the word they extended the employment contract at the public health center to December 31 of 2022. That I will continue working until I find another job with better payment conditions. Meanwhile, I'm still studying for the next civil service exams - two that will be applied in August 14. I performed the exam for the health surveillance agent vacancy - now I have to wait for the official results, available only in August 9th.

For this month, my university semester has started - in which my attention will have to be re-directed to the new tasks, in addition to my studies and job (which are quite stressful but I'm used to. Haha. After that, I think I'll take a break from university and public exams as soon as I settle down for good).

Enough of that. Let's go for the Blog. For today, I'm going to bring new images of the Hawker Hurricane - one of the famous British aircraft that fought in WW2. Despite it was overshadowed by the Spitfire, the Hurricane helped the RAF to resist the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain and it was superior in numbers compared to the agile Spitfire.

In case you want to learn the history of this plane, I'll share its brief history here. Prior to WW2, Hawker Aviation had built several biplanes like the Hawker Nimrod, Hawker Fury, Hawker Demon and several models. When the High Command requested a new aircraft, Hawker aircraft designer Sydney Camm developed an all-metal monoplane aircraft based on the original Fury design. It was powered by a Rolls-Royce Goshawk engine, then replaced by the powerful Rolls-Royce Merlin engine. The Hurricane became the main workhorse during the initial days of WW2 to the Battle of France where some units were sent to help the French army to fend off German troops. With France falling to the Germans, Hurricanes helped British, Belgium and French soldiers located in Dunkirk to evacuate to England, until the Battle of Britain where it suited well against bombers and heavy fighters like the Messerschmitt Bf 110. Even though it is not agile like the Spitfire, the Hurricane proved to be a tough adversary to the Bf 109 thanks to its sturdy armor plating and eight Browning machine guns. After that battle, the Hurricanes continued serving as fighter interceptor, night fighter and fighter-bomber during the Balkans, the Mediterranean and the North African Campaign - where it faced the new Italian Macchi C.202 Folgore - far agile to the Hurricane and Spitfire. Even being replaced by the P-40 Warhawk, the Hurricane served as a ground attack plane to cripple German supplies to Rommel's Afrika Korps. In the Eastern Front, the Hurricane was the first British plane to supply Soviet pilots through the Lend-Lease program. Despite few pilots enjoying it while others found it troublesome, the engineers replaced the original Hispano cannons from the Mk V models and the original Browning machine guns by Berezin machine guns or ShVAK cannons. In the Pacific Theater, the Hurricane served the Commonwealth nations to confront the nimble Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero and the Nakajima Ki-43. By the end of production in July 1944, around 14,487 Hurricanes were built for the RAF and the Royal Canadian Air Force.

Now for the images of this tough British air fighter:






The initial stage of Hawker Hurricane looked interesting. The fuselage was a bit tricky to make - especially to adjust the vertices for the 'hump' section that links with the canopy framing. With the Subdivision Surface on, a small gap is visible in the section between that area and the canopy (it's not noticeable due to the white material and the light). Still, it's looking good.







After these renders, I added some temporary colors and three propeller blades from my previous projects. Good thing I can reuse some components in order to speed up the development. I made a projection located under the plane's tail (some schematics call it the structural ventral fin), the Merlin engine exhaustion outlets, the fin and rudder.









The last renders for now. The Hurricane received new wings, tailplane and elevator, along the antennas and the air intake. And for fun, I appended the decals like the RAF roundels and fin flash from the Spitfire. I tried to add the machine gun tapes, but I had to delete it.

The Hurricane looks amazing in these renders. The next components are the canopy and its components, the aerial attachment, the tapes for the Brownings, the landing gears, the ailerons and flaps, rigging and texturing this aircraft. I plan to include the Hispano cannons or the Soviet guns like the Berezin MGs or ShVAK cannons, including the Soviet Air Force roundels.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you enjoy this Blog. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023

New videos and new updates for: Lancaster, Hurricane Mk I, P-47D and Crusader (new project) - February 5th, 2024

New updates for: Horten Ho 229 and F6F Hellcat (new project) - March 22, 2024