Concluding the IAR 80 and new updates for: B-17G and Ki-61-I - August 29, 2024

Hello everyone. It's me Antony, back with another Blog in 2024. We are now on August 29 - past the half of 2024.

I know. I've been absent without writing anything new here. Job, studies, playing video-games, watching some YouTube videos, listening to some musics and doing my chores at some moments decreased my spare-time dedicated to Blogs.

I'm now working on the new role as health community agent and now, my colleagues and I are visiting the families as part of our job to improve the health quality in our community and town. Things are looking good and we're enjoying in our new role.

The 8th semester is finished. Another thing I won't be bothered with. After the second university, I'll give a break for good.

New Nightwave intermission chapter is now complete, again. Yet, Digital Extremes has plans for a new Nora Mix (oh God please NO!); and I'm waiting for 1999 to be released (only in winter I guess). Man, I feel exhausted, but let's go.

For this Blog. I'm going to share you the new rendered images of the IAR 80, the B-17G Flying Fortress and the Ki-61-I 'Hien'.

IAR 80:












The IAR 80 received a nice texture for its Metal, Bump and Specular. In addition, I remade the tail fin - which was a little tricky, but it paid off; and added the identification markings from the company. Other components included were the aileron balance mass and the cockpit internal components. Minor changes includes the fuel coming from the ports and the smoke from the guns and engine.

Without nothing more to add, the IAR 80 is ready and is now available in my Sketchfab and ArtStation. I'll leave the link for you to visit it:

Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress:








I've been working on the B-17's textures for the Bump, Specular and Metal. I finally found out the colors for the aircraft doped-fabric that could shine like metal, but not so much. Fabric and plastic can reflect light, but they can't reflect images properly like steel, iron, cooper, brass, bronze - any metallic alloy.

Another I made was adjusting the doors for the bomb bay. Unfortunately I had to adjust the textures since I messed up a little bit. Disregarding that, most of the aircraft remains intact. Also, I started adding the internal components like the seats, the floor, the dashboard and the yoke. I've been inspired on making the internal sections like I've been doing for the Lancaster.

The next thing to do is rigging the B-17 and adding the other internal components. After that, this American air bomber shall be the first of its kind to be ready, then the Avro Lancaster. Other planes I plan to add the internal sections are the Heinkel He 111 and the B-29 Superfortress.

Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien:








The Ki-61 received a major update on its main texture. I decided to use the Bake option for generating the image texture from the wings and the fuselage materials. With the images made, I decided to use Gimp to join all the masks and the main texture to create a single one.

After that, I decided to add the Bump texture for the Ki-61.












With the texture attached to the Displacement node for the Bump, I made the lines from one metal sheet to another. I noticed one side of the Ki-61 being different from another, yet, it won't prevent me to disable the Symmetry option while drawing the lines and the sections.

Another thing that changed was the wing root being adjusted to fit in the lines from the fuselage. It looks good, although I had to adjust the vertices and remove some faces from the upper section of the wings. And, I painted in red the elevator, the rudder and the tail fin; adding the 244th Sentai emblem later.

I also added the red stars in the guns port from the wings and the words ナムフ (Namfu or Namufu) and フムナ (Fumuna or Humna) on the wings' edge. For what I learned while researching for these Japanese words, some people say the builders write a warning for sensitive components the pilot should avoid stepping on to climb into the cockpit. It's something similar to 'Do not step in' in American, British, German, Italian and Soviet planes; with ナムフ being written in the left wing and the フムナ in the right wing.

The Ki-61 is rigged. The only thing to do is concluding the Bump texture before making the Metal and the Specular. After this aircraft, I shall make the Ki-100 with the nose's redesigned.

Well, that's it for now my friends. I hope you like this Blog. Let us hope this year bring us new content and something different from the usual. In case I have some spare time to enjoy, I'll be working on other things aside from Blender projects and my personal things. Until the time comes, you will be surprised to see them. See you next time.

My DeviantArt:
My second Youtube channel:
My other Blogspot places:
My Facebook page:
My Instagram:
My ArtStation:
My Pixiv:
My Sketchfab:

Note: Don't you dare to download these images and re-share it without my permission. If you do, please, leave the original author name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Work, P-40N, Kübelwagen, Jean and Miria - April 10, 2021

New Updates for: Macchi C.202 and Macchi C.205 (new project) - October 11, 2021

Civil service exam and new updates for: Spitfire, IAR 80, F4U, Yak-1 and new projects - December 7th, 2023